If you have an android phone with a large internal memory such as the Samsung Galaxy S5, it is likely that you store in it a large amount of data you want to have also on the computer.
It is true that you can simply copy some of the files you have on your smartphone and paste them on your computer's hard drive, but if you want nothing to escape, the best thing to do is to synchronize both devices.
In this way, you will make sure that the documents you have on your smartphone, go to the computer, and do not lose them altogether in the unfortunate case of a theft, loss or total breakdown.
Synchronize the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the computer step by step
Although for those who do not use the smartphone more than to send WhatsApp and watch Instagram, it may seem a complicated process, the truth is that synchronize the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the computer, it is a very simple process for which you will only have to follow these steps :
- Install Samsung Kies on your computer. You can download directly from the Samsung website, and it's completely free, so it's not recommended that you risk downloading it from unknown sites.
- Start the program from your computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer using the USB cable. It is also possible to connect both devices via WiFi, but the cable is the simplest and fastest process.
- At the top of the program 4 tabs will appear. We must go to the second one, called Synchronization.
- Now you can choose the type of files you want to be transferred to the computer. If you want to transfer all the information, choose the Select all items option.
- In the upper right corner we will have to press the Synchronization button. You may request information from our Google account. Once we have entered them, the synchronization will start automatically.
Depending on the amount of new data we have stored in the phone since the last time we did the synchronization, it is likely that this task takes a few minutes, so we should not be alarmed if we see too much time. Once you have finished, we can have on our computer backup copies of everything we had stored on our smartphone.
Have you ever used Samsung Kies to pass the data from your Galaxy S5 to your computer? Do you know other applications to do it? We invite you to tell us your experience at the bottom of the page with a comment.