The first thing to know before starting this tutorial is that many of the problems of WiFi users experience on a mobile with Android due to the coverage of its own router. In a home or office walls and doors are obstacles that make the signal WiFi increasingly weaker as they move away from the router, so that in the event that our problem are spontaneous disconnections WiFi chances are that the problem is solved with a repeater to increase WiFi router signal throughout the home / office.
If our problem is not in WiFi coverage and if, in addition, our mobile version works under Android 4.4 KitKat Android operating system, chances are we can fix WiFi failures following these simple steps:
- Access the application of our mobile settings. Such application may be found in the list of mobile applications, and the most common is to appear displayed with the icon of a gear or a wrench.
- Once inside, the next thing we have to do is enter the section "Wi-Fi" our mobile. The process to reach this section depends on the brand of your mobile phone, though usually usually accessible from the main screen setup menu.
- Under the heading of "Wi-Fi" we have to click on the WiFi connection to which we are trying to connect. Then click on the option "Modify network" and, in the event that an activatable below square appears to us, we will mark the option "Show Advanced Options" (this option does not always appear in some phones, so if you do not we visualize we should not worry and we can move to the next step). Also noteworthy is that in some mobile enough that we click once on the name of the connection, while in others we keep your finger pressed for a few seconds to display the option "Modify network".
- Now we have to click on the section "Proxy" and choose "Manual". Then, and within this section, we have to introduce a digit located between 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.225 (see 192.168.1.225, for example). Furthermore, in the section "Port" we introduce any of these three digits: 8080, 3128 or 80.
- Click on the option "Save" and return to the main screen of your mobile. Now we turn off the WiFi connection, we waited a few seconds and back on again.
- After reignite the WiFi, the next thing we have to do is repeat the first three steps of this procedure (ie, going to Settings, click on the section of WiFi, click on our connection and click on the option "Change network").
- The difference is that this time, we must click on the section "Proxy" but selecting the option "None" (or "No", depending on the manufacturer of our mobile).
- Save the changes, back to the main screen and re-connect to our WiFi network. In principle, this procedure should have gotten solve our problems with WiFi connection.